Marilyn Vix is available to speak for conference panels, book stores, and book clubs. She has experience with speaking at several book stores and a conference panel over the last few years. She has been an elementary school teacher for 18 years. She has been writing romance for over 3 years and children’s books for 10 years.
Marilyn can give talks on how to write romance and how to self-publish in the 21st century. She can also discuss the ups and downs of writing children’s books. She has vast experience in promoting. She can do a talk on how to promote your book with an emphasis on romance and children’s books. She has run several blog tours for her pen names over the years, and several multi-author promo events. She can negotiate fees, often doing a free talk with the chance to sell her books.
***Note: Due to Corona Virus shutdowns and cancelled cons, Marilyn Vix is available for online talks and appearances. Available through Zoom & other online conferencing media.
Marilyn has been a self-published author since 2007, and has learned a lot in her writing journey. She has written in three genres, children’s literature, paranormal romance, and erotic romances. She plays Gaelic harp at the Renaissance Fairs in several locations through out Northern California. If you are interested in her joining your panel or discussion, please email at: tiff(at)tiffmeister.net .
Plus, if you are interested in hearing what she has to say, you can now buy her new self-publishing guide: “Get Ready to Push the Button: A Beginner’s Guide to Self-Publishing”, written under her children’s book pen name, Tiffany Turner. Filled with her thirteen years of self-publishing knowledge, find out how to:
-Discovering if this self-publishing path is for you.
-Terms & tips you’ll need to navigate the self-publishing world.
-Preparing your manuscript with an easy to follow list of steps.
-How to find the people to help you self-publish such as beta readers, editors, cover designers, formatters and self-publishing platforms.
-What to set up before you self-publish.
-Launching your book.
-Maintaining your self-publishing empire after your first book.
Appearance at Mystical Minds Convention in
I’ve recently falling head over heels into ghost hunting. Over the last year and with the death of my father, I’ve decided to just go for it, and joined a local ghost hunting group that is located in Soquel, CA called: Avalon Visions Paranormal Investigations. I originally was writing a paranormal romance that involved ghost hunters. My research has spurred m onto finally giving ghost hunting a full out try. As like many of my other pursuits such as working at the Renaissance Fair playing Gaelic Harp or wire wrapping crystals into jewelry (since 1989), it’s an extension of my authentic self.
Being a teacher, I really enjoy teaching others to pursue their passion. If you’ve ever wanted to give ghost hunting a try, join me to learn about the basics of ghost hunting and what equipment you can use to pursue trying to get evidence. I’ll be giving a talk about basic equipment, use, and where to purchase along with costs. Plus, I’ll be on a spirit communication panel.
***NOTE: Due to Corona Virus, this con was cancelled. But a virtual conference was set up through a podcast. Marilyn spoke on the spirit communication panel. Link for podcast available soon.
- Salon Romance Author Talk: December 2019
- Silicon Valley Comic Con 2019: Self Publishing Panel, Self Publishing Marketing Panel
- Fanime: Self-Publishing Panel 2017, 2019
- March 23, 2018-Clockwork Alchemy-Getting Started Self Publishing Panel, 6-7pm, in the Sandpebble C rm
- Marilyn Vix will be at the upcoming Romantic Times Conference in Reno, NV in mid-May, 2018 More information to come!
- Marilyn Vix will be at the Tartan Day celebration at Ardenwood Farm in Fremont, CA on April 7, 2018. Come out and meet her, and experience Scottish and Celtic culture, and maybe meet a few men and women that know how to swing a sword.
- Downtown San Jose Martin Luther King Jr. Library
- Dec. 10, 2017 Rm 225
- Come meet 25 local authors. Listen to panels on a range of subjects and purchase books for the Holidays. Get signed copies from the authors and give the gift of reading.
- San Francisco, CA
- Friday, Sept. 1
- Self-Publishing Panel at 7pm -8pm Rm 3010
2) San Jose Public Library (SJPL) Works: Career and Business Center
- Downtown San Jose, CA 3rd Floor Works: Career & Business Center
- Saturday Nov. 18 at 2pm- 3pm